What is it ?
Purports to rejuvenate the skin by injecting your own blood plasma under your dermis, to stimulate cell growth and collagen production. Plasma of your blood which is rich in platelets has growth factors and great healing properties .
It improved the complexion , reduces pigmentation , scarring ,improves texture and quality of your skin and gives volume to the face and because your own blood plasma is used , there is no risk of allergic reaction or cross reaction .
The great news is that most (if not all) patients are good candidates for PRP . There is minimal downtime, and the results are almost universally suited to every patient’s skin needs. If the PRP solution is combined with microneedling therapy (or collagen induction therapy) which causes micro-injuries in the skin to stimulate new collagen and elastin, the power duo of microneedling and PRP can improve skin texture and tone, minimize the appearance of pores, smooth wrinkles and fine lines and minimize the appearance of hyperpigmentation and scarring (acne, stretch marks, you name it). It’s a perfect treatment for patients who are just getting started in aesthetics, seeking a high-reward ‘maintenance’ treatment, or as a quick fix before an event when you want your complexion to look its best.
What happens in the treatment:
- Dr Akhtar consults the patient to make sure the treatment best suits their needs.
- A numbing agent is applied on the skin to make it comfortable for you.
- A blood sample is drawn from your arm and out in a centrifuge machine which seperates the PRP component from the remaining blood . It is this clear PRP component which is used for the skin healing and rejuvination .
- The PRP is drawn into small syringes and carefully injected in small doses over your face and neck.
- Your face looks red after the treatment ( hence the name Vampire facial). A balm is applied on your face after treatment .
- The treatment time is approx 60 min .
After the treatment, the skin will be quite red and may feel tight or sting. The residual will be greatly diminished within 24 hours so there is almost no down time required.
Initial results will be visible in 1-2 weeks and last upto 9 -12 months depending upon the initial problem and quality of the skin and the number of sessions carried out .